Citizenship Test Questions
Listen to Questions 1-50
Listen to Questions 51-86
1. What are the colors of our flag?
2. How many stars are there on our flag?
3. What color are the stars on our flag?
4. What do the stars on the flag mean?
5. How many stripes are there on the flag?
6. What color are the stripes?
7. What do the stripes on the flag mean?
8. How many states are there in the Union?
9. What is the 4th of July?
10. What is the date of Independence Day?
11. Independence from whom?
12. What country did we fight during the Revolutionary War?
13. Who was the first President of the United States?
14. Who elects the President of the United States?
15. Who becomes President of the United States if the President should die?
16. For how long do we elect the President?
17. What is the Constitution?
18. Can the Constitution be changed?
19. What do we call a change to the Constitution?
20. How many changes or amendments are there to the Constitution?
21. How many branches are there in our government?
22. What are the three branches of our government?
23. What is the legislative branch of our government?
24. Who makes laws in the United States?
25. What is Congress?
26. What are the duties of Congress?
27. Who elects Congress?
28. How many senators are there in Congress?
29. For how long do we elect each senator?
30. How many representatives are there in Congress?
31. For how long do we elect the representatives?
32. What is the executive branch of our government?
33. What is the judiciary branch of our government?
34. What are the duties of the Supreme Court?
35. What is the supreme law of the United States?
36. What is the Bill of Rights?
37. Who becomes President of the United States if the President and Vice
President should die?
38. Which countries were our enemies during World War II?
39. What are the 49th and 50th states of the Union?
40. How many terms can a President serve?
41. Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
42. According to the Constitution, a person must meet certain requirements in
order to be eligible to become President. Name one of these requirements.
43. Why are there 100 Senators in the Senate?
44. Who selects the Supreme Court Justices?
45. How many Supreme Court Justices are there?
46. Why did the Pilgrims come to America?
47. What is the head executive of state called?
48. What is the head executive of a city called?
49. What holiday was celebrated for the first time by the American colonists?
50. Who was the main writer of the Declaration of Independence?
51. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
52. What is the basic belief of the Declaration of Independence?
53. What is the national anthem of the United States?
54. What is the minimum voting age in the United States?
55. Who signs a bill into law?
56. What is the highest court in the United States?
57. Who was President during the Civil War?
58. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
59. What special group advises the President?
60. Which President is called "the father of our country"?
61. Who helped the Pilgrims in America?
62. What is the name of the ship that brought the Pilgrims to America?
63. What were the 13 original states of the U.S. called?
64. Who has the power to declare war?
65. What kind of government does the United States have?
66. Which President freed the slaves?
67. In what year was the Constitution written?
68. What are the first 10 amendments to the Constitution called?
69. Where does Congress meet?
70. Whose rights are guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?
71. What is the introduction to the Constitution called?
72. Name one benefit of being a citizen of the United States.
73. What is the most important right granted to U.S. citizens?
74. What is the United States Capitol?
75. What is the White House?
76. Where is the White House located?
77. What is the name of the President's official home?
78. Name one right guaranteed by the first amendment.
79. Who is Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. military?
80. Which President was the first Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. military?
81. In what month do we vote for the President?
82. In what month is the new President inaugurated?
83. How many times may a Senator be re-elected?
84. How many times may a Congressman be re-elected?
85. What are the 2 major political parties in the U.S. today?
86. How many states are there in the United States?
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS